If you are new to Clover and want to get it going quickly, try the following:
- The Ant Quick Start Guide, the Maven 2 and 3 Quick Start Guide and Clover-for-Grails Quick Start Guide will show you how to quickly set-up Clover in your builds.
- The Clover for Eclipse in 10 minutes and the Clover for IDEA in 10 minutes will show you how to use Clover in Eclipse/IDEA as well as briefly describe reports generated by Clover.
- The About Code Coverage section provides a brief background on the theory and motivation behind Code Coverage.
- The Understanding Reports page gives more details about an HTML report generated by Clover
- The Clover Tutorial provides a good alternative introduction to Clover.
For help with Ant, see the online Ant manual at http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html. Also recommended reading is Eric Burke's Top 15 Ant Best Practices.
For Clover troubleshooting information, see the Atlassian Answers and Clover Knowledge Base. Still no luck? Raise an issue for Atlassian Support team.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
See the Clover-for-Ant Installation Guide and Supported Platforms.
What's New in Clover?
See the Clover Release Notes.
Clover makes use of the following excellent third-party libraries:
The Ant build system.
A public domain parser generator.
|Apache Commons||A set of reusable Java components.|
Template engine used for HTML report generation.
A lightweight library for multi-machine communication.
|FastUtil||A library for high-performance operations on primitive types.|
An agile and dynamic language for the Java Virtual Machine.
|GSON||A library converting Java objects into their JSON representation.|
|Guava||Google's core libraries for collections, caching, primitives support, string processing, I/O etc.|
A library for generating PDF documents.
JCommon / JFreeChart
An open source library for generating charts.
|JDOM||A library for accessing, manipulating, and outputting XML data from Java code.|
An open source toolkit for creating interactive data visualizations.
To prevent library version mismatches, all of these libraries have been obfuscated and/or repackaged and included in the Clover JAR. We do this to prevent pain for users who may use different versions of these libraries in their projects.