Clover provides a set of Command line tools for integration with legacy build systems such as Make, or custom build scripts. If you use Jakarta Ant to build your project, a set of Clover Ant Tasks provides easier Ant integration.
To use the tools in your build system, the synopsis is:
- Copy and instrument your source files using CloverInstr.
- Compile the instrumented source files using a standard java compiler.
- Execute your tests using whatever framework.
- (Optional) If you have multiple separate coverage databases, merge them using CloverMerge.
- Use either the XMLReporter, HtmlReporter, PDFReporter, JSONReporter or ConsoleReporter to view the measured coverage results.
Command line tools:
Copies and instruments individual Java source files, or a directory of source files.
Please note that this tool does not instrument Groovy.
Merges existing Clover databases to allow for combined reports to be generated.
Produces coverage reports in XML.
Produces coverage reports in HTML.
|JSONReporter||Produces coverage reports in JSON format.|
Produces coverage reports in PDF format.
Reports coverage results to the console.
Troubleshooting License Problems
When running Clover Command Line Tools you may come across the following error:
Please ensure that your
clover.license file is in the same directory as the
clover.jar file, or use the
clover.license.path parameter when running Clover Command Line Tools. For example: