- You have GitHub account with SSH keys configured and the local SSH key is not protected by password (otherwise release:prepare will hang)
Configure maven.jenkins-ci.org in settings.xml:
Clone the repository from GitHub using SSH:
- You have JDK1.6+ installed
- You have Maven 3.0.5+ installed
Build and test
If you have already cloned jenkinsci/clover-plugin then ensure you git pull upstream
- Create a JIRA on https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/ for the issue you are fixing.
- Make changes necessary. Use issue key in commit messages.
- Bump the dependency version of Clover Core if necessary (in pom.xml)
- Test by running Jenkins with the Clover plugin installed and setting up a "Clovered" project for CI. This can be achieved via:
mvn clean hpi:run
- it will start Jenkins on localhost:8080 by default, open it in web browser
- open "Manage Jenkins" > "Manage plugins" > "Installed" and check if new "Jenkins Clover Plugin" is listed
- configure new project (you can use MoneyBags as a test case) and a build job (e.g. "freestyle project" with "ant task")
- configure "Post-build actions" > "Publish Clover Coverage Report" in the build job
- run "Build now" and check if Clover summary report is available
- Commit changes and push to GitHub. Include your JIRA issue from above.
Release and publish
Run release:prepare and release:perform in one command:
Verify that the plugin has been deployed:
- visit http://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases/org/jenkins-ci/plugins/
- check http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/update-center.json (file is updated every 6 hours)
- run your local Jenkins and open Administration page, check if you see the latest version number
Update the http://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Clover+Plugin page.
Problem with 'git clone' on Windows
The 'git push' during mvn 'release:prepare' hangs
Probably it hangs on ssh due to id_rsa key protected by a password.