Welcome to the Clover Knowledge Base
Search only the Clover Knowledge Base from the search on the left hand side, browse the page tree for specific areas or jump to specific topics by category or label listed below.
Browse content by category
This page describes problems specific for the Clover-for-Ant plug-in.
This page describes issues specific for Clover-for-Maven (2 & 3) plug-in.
This page describes problems specific for the Clover-for-Grails plugin.
This page describes problems related with Java or Groovy source code instrumentation by Clover and further compilation using javac or groovyc. It covers Clover integrations with build tools (such as Ant, Maven or Grails) as well as standalone instrumentation (using the CloverInstr command line tool).
This page describes problems related with execution of an application or tests instrumented by Clover, including but not limited to: managing coverage database and recording files, setting up correct runtime class path or Xbootclasspath, solving NoClassDefFoundError or VerifyError messages.
This page describes problems related with generation of Clover's HTML, XML, PDF or JSON reports, including but not limited to: lack of coverage data, lack of per-test coverage, wrong classification of application vs test classes, rendering source code view.
This page describes problems related with installing or locating Clover's license file or license key in various Clover plug-ins.
This page describes issues related with long-running compilation, testing or report generation as well as out-of-memory errors.
This page describes problems related with Clover integration with Bamboo using Bamboo Clover Plugin. Integration can be either automatic (Ant-, Maven- or Grails-based builds) or manual (any build system).
Browse content by label
- Troubleshooting Ant
- A <files> with <includesfile> or <excludesfile> ignores patterns
- Clover.db is not generated at location specified by initString
- Error reading Clover 4.0.3 JAR file
- Error reading project file on <clover-env/>
- Properties such as Excludes is not being passed on to antcall tasks
- Using external javac compiler causes classes to not be instrumented with Clover
- Troubleshooting Bamboo
- Troubleshooting Compilation
- Clover error while compiling- Unexpected token... Does Clover support enums?
- Compilation error with Clover enabled - missing type, cannot find symbol
- Compilation error with Clover enabled - unexpected return value
- Compilation error with Clover enabled - variable of type Object
- Java 8 code instrumented by Clover fails to compile
- Java- Scala cross-compilation error - cannot find symbol
- Method code too large
- Troubleshooting Execution
- Troubleshooting Grails
- Troubleshooting Licensing
- Troubleshooting Maven
- Could not find goal 'setup' in plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clover-plugin:2.4
- Duplicate class errors with Clover and JAXB or JAXB2 plugin
- Duplicate class errors with Clover and jaxws-maven plugin
- Maven 2 plugin fails with cannot find symbol exception when defining two locations for source files
- Maven is deploying instrumented jars
- Warning about older Clovered artifact version during multi-module Maven build
- Troubleshooting Performance
- Troubleshooting Reports
- Can't connect to window server - not enough permissions thrown when building clover report.
- Clover registry file <path/to/clover.db> does not exist
- Coverage appears incorrect and code is not being matched to tests, per-test coverage
- Ignoring coverage recording files
- Inner classes of test classes shown as source code
- IOException during generation of HTML report
- No coverage recordings found. No report will be generated.