Below are some essential notes on upgrading to version 2.0 Beta of the Atlassian IDE Plugin for Eclipse. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, please read the Release Notes.
Upgrading from Mylyn JIRA Connector for Eclipse
If you are currently using the legacy Mylyn JIRA Connector (e.g. v3.3.1, v3.3.2, etc) with Eclipse, you will need to follow the instructions below to upgrade to the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse v2.0 Beta.
- Add the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse update site to Eclipse, if you haven't done so already. For example, to do this in Eclipse 3.5.1 Galileo carry out the following steps:
- Click the 'Help' menu and select 'Install New Software'. The 'Install' window will display.
- Click the 'Add' button. Enter the appropriate site information, as described in Installing the Eclipse Connector.
- Once you have added the update site, you will need to check for updates for the Mylyn JIRA Connector and update it to 3.4.0 stub. For example, to do this in Eclipse 3.5.1 Galileo carry out the following steps:
- Click the 'Help' menu and select 'Check for Updates'. The 'Available Updates' window will display.
- Tick the 'Mylyn Connector: JIRA (Compatibility) checkbox (version should be '3.4.0') and click the 'Next Button'.
- If prompted, accept the license agreement and click the 'Finish' button.
- When prompted, restart Eclipse.
- You can now install the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse, as described in Installing the Eclipse Connector.
Eclipse upgrade mechanism limitations (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=303260 and https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=295675) mean that if you try to install the latest version of the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse over the top of an old Mylyn JIRA Connector installation, you will get the following error:
We are working with Tasktop to resolve this problem.