17 January 2013
Atlassian presents version 3.1 of the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse.
What's new in this release?
- We've switched to JIRA REST API
- We've improved custom fields handling
- We've improved compatibility with Mylyn 3.9
- We've simplified dependencies between plugins
Important Note when Upgrading
Version 3.1 of the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse works with JIRA 5.0 and above.
If your JIRA server is running behind a reverse proxy, and the reverse proxy requires separate HTTP authentication, the credentials for the reverse proxy must match the credentials for JIRA.
For more details, please see below.
Don't have the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse yet?
You can install the connector directly from the Eclipse software updates manager or from a zipped archive. Follow our installation guide.
We love your feedback!
Please log your issues, requests and votes. They help us decide what needs doing.
This is an open source project. Fork it or get the source code from our bitbucket repository.
Highlights of this Release
JIRA REST API
This release of the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse switched to JIRA REST API which is more powerful than SOAP and RSS and allows to better handle custom fields. This way we will be able to fix several reported issues which could not be fixed before.
Switching to REST introduces two limitations:
- Atlassian Connector for Eclipse v3.1 works only with JIRA 5.0+. If you want to access older JIRA releases, please use the latest 3.0.x version of the Connector.
- Since version 3.1, Atlassian Connector for Eclipse uses HTTP authentication to access JIRA. If there is additional HTTP authentication required for the a reverse proxy server that fronts JIRA (e.g. Apache web server), then the same credentials are required for both JIRA and the reverse proxy.
Improved custom fields handling
We have improved custom fields handling. The issue editor is now able to display more types of custom fields and their values.
Multi User Picker is now able to display all users (not only the first one). We have also added read-only support for the following custom field types:
- Group Picker
- Multi Group Picker
- Radio Buttons
- Multi Checkboxes
Mylyn 3.9 compatibility
Mylyn 3.9 changed internal implementation and Update Repository Configuration action stopped working for JIRA task repositories. We have fixed the issue and current version of the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse is compatible with Mylyn 3.9.
We've cleaned and simplified dependencies between plugins. It should significantly reduce number of issues during installation and upgrade process.
Complete List of Fixes in this Release