28 March 2013
Atlassian presents version 3.2.1 of the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse.
What's new in this release?
- We've added support for Bamboo plan branches.
- We've improved issue create and issue update operations for JIRA.
- Several other bugs have been fixed.
Important Note when Upgrading
Since version 3.1, Atlassian Connector for Eclipse works with JIRA 5.0 and above.
If your JIRA server is running behind a reverse proxy, and the reverse proxy requires separate HTTP authentication, the credentials for the reverse proxy must match the credentials for JIRA.
For more details, please see version 3.1 release notes.
Don't have the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse yet?
You can install the connector directly from the Eclipse software updates manager or from a zipped archive. Follow our installation guide.
We love your feedback!
Please log your issues, requests and votes. They help us decide what needs doing.
This is an open source project. Fork it or get the source code from our bitbucket repository.
Highlights of this Release
Support for Bamboo plan branches
Bamboo allows to quickly create new plans (automatically or manually) for SCM branches. Those newly created plans are known as plan branches (please refer to Bamboo documentation for more details).
Atlassian Connector for Eclipse 3.2.1 adds support for plan branches and allows to show:
- No plan branches - only selected master plans and no plan branches are visible on the build list.
- All plan branches - all selected plans and their plan branches are visible on the build list.
- My plan branches - selected plans and their plan branches where I'm the last commiter are visible on the build list.
The configuration option is located in the Task Repository dialog. The first option (no plan branches) is selected by default.
This feature will work with Bamboo 5.0+ (Bamboo 5.0 REST API has been extended to support that functionality).
Improved "issue create" and "issue update"
Issue create and issue update operations are now able to work with more JIRA screen configurations and JIRA language different than English. Following issues have been fixed:
- Field assignee, fix versions cannot be set. It is not on appropriate screen: PLE-1443
- Field affected versions, environment, components cannot be set. It is not on appropriate screen: PLE-1467
- Creating an issue fails - field timetracking cannot be set: PLE-1441
- Epic name is required for epic type on issue update: PLE-1459
- String.toUpperCase() is locale specific and does not work as expected with Enum.valueOf() for Turkish and few other languages: PLE-1449
- Translated Status, Resolution and Priority fields cannot be updated: PLE-1445
- Error message for missing Summary and Type fields has been improved for issue create operation: PLE-1455
- It is possible to clear value for Due date and date, datetime and number custom fields when updating issue: PLE-1394
Here is the list of other important fixes:
- Highlighting current user does not work for comments: PLE-1460
- Remove Mylyn TasksUi dependency from Connector JIRA core plugin: PLE-1448
- Links to existing Task Repository and containing query string don't work in comments: PLE-1383
- Comments with empty author break issues (task list) synchronization: PLE-1466
Possible inconvenience when upgrading
Since version 3.1, Atlassian Connector for Eclipse displays empty custom fields and allows to fill and edit them right from the Eclipse editor.
This feature can cause inconvenience when switching from version 3.0.x and older where empty custom fields were not displayed (due to RSS API limitation). After upgrade to version 3.1 or newer, all empty custom fields will be displayed with empty value and marked as changed causing the issue to be marked as unread even if nothing changed on JIRA side. Once marked as read issues will correctly indicate their read/unread state.
For more details, please see following issue: PLE-1483.
Complete List of Fixes in this Release