10 April 2008
Atlassian is delighted to present the Atlassian IDE Plugin. The plugin is an addon for your integrated development environment (IDE). It allows you to pull in and work with the Atlassian products within your IDE. Now you don't have to switch between websites, email messages and news feeds to see what's happening to your project and your code. Instead, you can see the relevant JIRA issues, Bamboo build information and Crucible reviews right there in your development environment.
We are releasing version 1.0 of the plugin as a work in progress. Let us know what you think of it! Log your praise, ideas, feature requests and other issues in our JIRA issue tracker.
Follow our easy installation instructions.
This is an open source project. You can get the source code from our SVN repository.
Use these Atlassian products right there in your IDE
JIRA — because you've got issues
- Use JIRA integrated into your IDE.
- Connect to one or more JIRA servers.
- View all relevant JIRA feature requests, bug reports and other issues.
- Add a new issue or comment on an existing one.
- Create a changelist based on an issue, automatically adding the issue name as a comment when you commit the changes.
(A changelist, or change set, is a collection of code changes committed at the same time.)
Bamboo — the Zen of continuous integration
- Monitor your builds while you work.
- Connect to one or more Bamboo servers.
- An icon in the IDE status bar glows green or red, showing the latest build status.
- When a build fails, a popup window warns you of the problem.
- View your Bamboo plans, add labels and comments, and re-run a build when necessary.
Crucible — peer code review made painless
- Monitor your code reviews within your IDE.
- Connect to one or more Crucible servers.
- An icon in the IDE status bar lets you know when a review needs your attention.
- A popup window appears whenever a new pending review is created.
- Kick off a review of the code you have just written.
Known Issues in This Release
We have an enthusiastic and dedicated group of testers and customers who jump in there, try out the new Atlassian IDE Plugin release, and report any problems so that we can fix them quickly. Here's a list of known issues.
A big thank you to everyone who provides feedback. Please keep logging issues and voting for them. And we'll keep plugging away at improving the plugin!
bamboo tab with many builds.jpg (image/jpeg)