3 September 2008
With pleasure, Atlassian presents version 2.0 Beta of the Atlassian IDE Plugin for IDEA. This is a beta version, because some of the plugin's new features and documentation still need a bit of polish. We are keen for you to install and try this new version, which now offers deep integration with Crucible and Bamboo, as well as the already awesome JIRA integration.
With the plugin's Crucible support, you can now perform code reviews directly in the source editor and complete the review lifecycle without leaving your IDE. Use the dashboard-like display to view and filter your reviews. Notifications and colour coding indicate the review status and events.
On the Bamboo side, the plugin offers deeper integration now too. Remaining in your IDE, you can view the tests which failed in a build, see the stack traces and click through directly to the code that failed. Still within IDEA, view the changed files in a build, open a changed file in the IDEA editor and view the diffs. You can also show the full build log within IDEA.
The plugin now offers configuration at project level as well as IDE level. The project settings allow you to share server connections with your team members. In addition, each developer can configure their own workspace-specific settings, such as polling intervals and the behaviour of notification popups.
We have fixed a number of bugs in this release. Two JIRA fixes deserve special mention. You can now connect to a JIRA server with a self-signed SSL certificate, and you can open multiple JIRA projects in separate windows.
Take a look at the highlights and the full list of fixes below.
Highlights of this Release:
- Crucible Highlights in the Atlassian IDE Plugin 2.0 Beta
- Bamboo Highlights in the Atlassian IDE Plugin 2.0 Beta
- Other Highlights in the Atlassian IDE Plugin 2.0 Beta
- Complete List of Fixes in this Release
This is an open source project. You can get the source code from our SVN repository.
The Plugin's Blog
From time to time, the plugin development team posts some information on the plugin's blog.
Comments, Requests and Feedback
We would love your feedback. Please log your requests, bug reports and comments in our issue tracker.
Crucible Highlights in the Atlassian IDE Plugin 2.0 Beta
Code Reviews Directly in the Source Editor
- Open the review and related source in the IDEA editor.
- View your colleagues' comments in the context of the source.
- Select the relevant lines and add your comment or reply to someone else's comment.
- Track comments via highlights and marks in the right-hand gutter.
- View the source diff to see what has changed.
Full Crucible Review Lifecycle
- Create a post-commit review from a changelist in the IDEA's 'Repository Changes' window.
- Assign reviewers and notify them of the review.
- Approve, summarise and close your reviews and perform all other Crucible workflow actions.
- Complete the reviews assigned to you.
- Add a changelist to an existing review.
Review Dashboard and Filters
- The plugin now offers a dashboard-like display of reviews within IDEA.
- Select one or more standard Crucible filters.
- Define your own custom filter.
- Expand and collapse the views to suit your needs.
Review Status Notifications
- You can now change the status of your Crucible reviews from within IDEA.
- The review notifications tell you not only that a review has been updated, but now also exactly what has happened to the review.
- Different colours and font markings show the review status. For example, blue indicates reviews which you need to review and green shows open reviews which you have created or moderated.
- Coloured squares indicate the number of reviewers and whether they have completed (green) or not completed (red) the review.
Bamboo Highlights in the Atlassian IDE Plugin 2.0 Beta
Failed Tests in a Bamboo Build
- View the tests which failed, in the 'Bamboo Failed Tests' window in IDEA.
- See the stack trace for each failed test.
- Click through from the stack trace directly to the code that failed, viewed in the IDEA editor.
Changed Files in a Bamboo Build
- Display a commit list in the 'Bamboo Build Changes' window in IDEA.
- View the changed files for each commit list.
- Open the changed files in the IDEA editor and view the diffs.
Bamboo Build Logs
- Show the full build log in IDEA's editor window.
Other Highlights in the Atlassian IDE Plugin 2.0 Beta
Shared Project Configuration
- The plugin now offers configuration at project level as well as IDE level. The screenshot below shows the project settings.
- Use the project settings to set up your team's Bamboo, JIRA and Crucible servers just once for each project.
- If you work on more than one project, this allows you to configure different servers for each project.
- In the IDE settings, each developer can configure their own workspace-specific settings, such as polling intervals and the behaviour of notification popups.
- Project settings can be stored in your source control repository, so that the plugin will load the settings at the same time as loading the project into IDEA.
- Settings which are specific to the developer (such as username, password, filters and layout options) are stored as private settings and should not be committed to the repository.
- We have fixed the problem which occurred when attempting to connect to a JIRA server with a self-signed SSL certificate.
- When multiple projects were open in separate windows, all pointing to the same JIRA server, only the last project opened would load the JIRA details. The others displayed as empty panels in the Atlassian plugin view. This is now fixed.
- And more...
Complete List of Fixes in this Release