Before reading the information below, please make sure that you have installed the Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio, as described in the Installation Guide.
On this page:
Configuring your Bamboo Server Connections
To configure your Bamboo server connection(s):
- Go to the 'Project Settings' for the Visual Studio Connector, by clicking the project configuration icon on your connector window.
To add a Bamboo server:
- Click the 'Add New Server' button. Select 'Bamboo' from the menu that appears.
- A form will display. Enter the information as follows:
- 'Server Name' — A description of your Bamboo server.
- 'Server Enabled' — Select this checkbox if you want to enable this server in the connector.
- 'Server Shared Between Solutions' — Select this checkbox if you want to share this server between solutions. This means that you will not need to set up this server again when you create a new solution in Visual Studio.
- 'Server URL' — The address of your Bamboo server.
- 'Do not use proxy' — You can bypass the proxy settings for this server by selecting this checkbox.
- 'Username' and 'Password' — The login name and password you use to access the Bamboo server.
- Select 'Monitor Favourite Plans' to monitor the plans that you have selected as favourites in Bamboo, or select 'Select Plans to Monitor' to manually choose which plans to monitor.
- Click the 'Test Connection' button to check that the connection to the server works.
- Click the 'Add Server' button to save your changes.
- Click 'Close' to close the configuration tab.
- Now you can configure the Bamboo options, as described below.
You can add more than one Bamboo server.
Configuring your Bamboo Options
- Go to the 'Global Settings' for the Visual Studio Connector, by clicking the configuration icon on your connector window.
- Click the 'Bamboo' tab. You will be able to configure the following options:
- 'Polling Interval (seconds)' — Define how often the Bamboo servers that you have set up in the connector will be polled for changes.
Screenshot: Configuring Bamboo server connections
Screenshot: Configuring Bamboo IDE options