Before reading the information below, please make sure that you have installed the Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio, as described in the Installation Guide.
The Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio stores configuration settings at two levels in Visual Studio:
- Server connections are stored as project settings in Visual Studio (in the
<solution name>.suofile). Additionally, if you work on more than one project, this allows you to configure different servers for each project.
- Other options are stored as global settings in Visual Studio. These settings are specific to each developer's IDE, so that they can configure their own preferences (e.g. the maximum number of issues that the connector will display on a screen at one time, etc).
On this page:
Configuring your JIRA Server Connections
To configure your JIRA server connection(s):
- Go to the 'Project Settings' for the Visual Studio Connector, by clicking the project configuration icon on your connector window.
To add a JIRA server:
- Select the 'JIRA Servers' option in the left pane of the 'Project Configuration' window.
- Click the 'Add New Server' button.
- A form will display. Enter the information as follows:
- 'Server Name' — A description of your JIRA server.
- 'Server Enabled' — Select this checkbox if you want to enable this server in the connector.
- 'Server Shared Between Solutions' — Select this checkbox if you want to share this server between solutions. This means that you will not need to set up this server again when you create a new solution in Visual Studio.
- 'Server URL' — The address of your JIRA server.
- 'Do not use proxy' — You can bypass the proxy settings for this server by selecting this checkbox.
- 'Username' and 'Password' — The login name and password you use to access the JIRA server.
- Click the 'Add Server' button to save your changes.
- Click the 'Test Connection' button to check that the connection to the server works.
- Click 'Close' to close the configuration tab.
- Now you can configure the JIRA options, as described below.
You can add more than one JIRA server.
Configuring your JIRA Options
- Go to the 'Global Settings' for the Visual Studio Connector, by clicking the configuration icon on your connector window.
- Click the 'JIRA' tab. You will be able to configure the following options:
- 'Issues Batch Size' — Define the maximum number of issues that the connector will show on each screen. At display time, if there are more issues than specified here, the connector will display a 'Get More Issues...' link allowing you to retrieve the next batch of issues from the server.
Screenshot: Configuring JIRA server connections
Screenshot: Configuring JIRA global settings
Working with JIRA Issues in Visual Studio
Installation and Upgrade Guide for the Visual Studio Connector