On this page:
System RequirementsThe Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio is compatible with the following software versions:
3.7 or later
XP or later – any version of Windows that is able to run Visual Studio.
2008, 2010, 2012, 2013
Installation and Initial Setup
To install the connector and get started with JIRA:
- Ensure that you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later installed.
- Check your installation via the Windows 'Add or Remove Programs' option. (Click the Windows 'Start' menu and select 'Settings' then 'Control Panel'. Click 'Add or Remove Programs' and look for 'Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5' or later.)
- If you do not already have it, download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later.
- Download the Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio from the Atlassian Plugin Exchange.
- Run the
.exefile and follow the prompts. The first screen of the installer looks like this:
- The installer informs you when installation is complete:
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Open a solution in Visual Studio.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Toggle Atlassian Tool Window'.
- The connector window appears within Visual Studio:
- Click the 'Project Configuration' icon near the top left of the window.
- The 'Project Configuration' window appears. Click 'Add New Server'.
- The 'Add JIRA Server' window appears. Enter the details of your JIRA server. Here is an example:
- Click 'Add Server'.
- Click 'Test Connection' to make sure the URL and authentication details are correct.
- Add more JIRA servers if required.
- Close the 'Project Configuration' window.
- The connector fetches the data from the JIRA server(s), including your preset and saved filters. Click a filter, such as 'Assigned to Me'.
- The connector loads the issues and displays them in the connector window. Here is an example: