This page describes the supported platforms for the Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio version 1.3 and later.
End of Support Announcements
Please read End of Support Announcements for the Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio for important information regarding the end of support for various platforms and browsers when used with the Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio.
On this page:
Key: = Supported. = Not Supported
6.x, 5.x, 4.4.x, 4.3.x, 4.2.x, 4.1.x, 4.0.x, 3.13.x
5.x, 4.x, 3.x, 2.7.x, 2.6.x, 2.5.x, 2.4.x, 2.3.x, 2.2.4
2008, 2010, 2012
Microsoft Windows (including 64-bit)
- The Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio supports the Atlassian products listed in the table above. This means that the connector is tested against the product versions listed above and that bugs reported against connector integration with the product versions above will be addressed and fixed if possible. Versions of the Atlassian Products are supported, as follows:
- JIRA versions released up to two years prior to the latest major release of the connector are supported, as per the Atlassian End Of Life Policy.
- Bamboo versions released up to one year prior to the latest major release of the connector are supported. This is because Bamboo is relatively young and its APIs is still evolving. Hence, a greater number of changes take place over a year compared to JIRA. Bamboo is also easier to upgrade (e.g. less 3rd party plugins and integrations dependencies).
- Atlassian product versions currently used in Studio package and hosted mode are supported (both in Studio and standalone), regardless of when they were released.
- The two most recent major releases of Visual Studio are supported, as listed above. Any release that is publicly available and is at least in release candidate (RC) status is considered a major release for support purposes. Milestone releases are not considered major releases. The Atlassian Connector for Visual Studio is only built and tested against standard distributions downloadable from the Microsoft website. We only support the last two major versions of Visual Studio for the following reasons:
- The Atlassian Connector depends upon many APIs that were only added in recent major versions. Supporting older versions would require a lot of time and effort to remove certain features and backport others, as well as complicate the codebase for the connector.